IMD is a top-ranked business school, expert in developing leaders, transforming organizations and creating immediate and long-term positive impact.
IMD is truly international. Every year, some 9,000 executives, representing over 98 nationalities, attend more than 35 open-enrollment Executive Development Programs (including intensive MBA and EMBA programs) as well as company-specific Custom Programs and 14 online programs, which provide one-on-one coaching. Participants come from virtually every sector of service and manufacturing industries. Cultural backgrounds range from young managers to board members from world-class corporations. English is the working language, though no single business approach dominates.
IMD has over 60 Faculty members, comprising 26 nationalities, who are recognized authorities in their fields. They divide their time between teaching, research and working with major companies and thus remain firmly on top of the latest developments in managerial practice. IMD has no academic hierarchy (all Faculty are professors) and there is no tenure system.
For the last 8 consecutive years, IMD has been ranked #1 in the world for Open executive programs and in the top three overall for executive education (Financial Times 2012-2019) www.imd.org
Facebook on Twitter, on LinkedIn and on Instagram
IMD is a pioneer in custom program design and delivery. We collaborate with over 100 leading organizations to co-create developmental experiences that help them improve their performance in real and measurable ways. Our core team of 55 design and delivery experts are world leaders in advising clients on their learning and development strategies, on linking these strategies with the most critical business priorities, on bringing together teams of committed experts to support our clients, and on designing and delivering highly customized interventions.
IMD’s research and program activity focuses on the many dimensions of strategy creation and execution in complex organizations. While each of our clients has a specific set of dimensions to address, most ask us to help them work on a combination of three challenges:
- Building fundamental capabilities in a particular group of leaders so that they are better able to guide the organization to a successful future
- Developing a new set of strategic capabilities to help the company execute a new global strategy with agility
- Overcoming immediate business challenges through business-focused action learning.
- IMD’s team is expert at diagnosing each of these challenges and in co-creating the right learning process with its clients.
When we create programs with our clients, we undertake a process with them that is designed to address their hopes and fears, to align the learning process with their objectives and their existing development work, and to maximize the chances that the learning will have a lasting and sustainable impact on the organization’s leaders and on the organization’s performance. Our co-creation process has five stages:
- Exploration and Discovery with all program stakeholders to understand the strategic context and program objectives
- Focusing the program on the learning objectives that matter most to the organization and its leaders
- Designing the learning experience so that it addresses the right objectives in the right way
- Delivering the learning process with world-class experts and a strong support team,
- Sustaining the impact of the learning experience through follow-up and evaluation
The benefits that our clients can expect through their partnership with the IMD team include: a resilient learning and development strategy that is aligned with their organization’s business strategy; world-class developmental experiences that help build the leadership capabilities to support their ongoing success and overcome their most critical business challenges; and close interaction with some of the world’s best thought leaders and program designers, who are committed to their success.Discover more about Custom Programs >