Blockchain and cryptocurrencies grab a lot of headlines in the media, leaving business leaders with the challenge to distinguish between the hype and what has the power to transform an entire industry. This program allows you to break through the mystery, offering a very practical understanding of blockchain, both its opportunities and its challenges. Over the course of six weeks, you'll decipher how cryptocurrencies work and learn how the underlying blockchain technology could transform your organization and industry.
In addition to world-renowned Columbia Business School faculty, you'll learn from industry experts who will share invaluable insights — from the origin story of the creators of the first blockchain to where the technology is heading five to ten years down the road. After taking this program that is designed with the executive in mind, participants will be able to make more informed decisions about the role that blockchain technology may play in their business.
At the end of the program, you'll know the answers to the quintessential Blockchain questions, including:
- How has blockchain technology emerged since its original design?
- Does Bitcoin count as money and can Bitcoin replace the traditional form of money?
- How do smart contracts and tokens work?
- What are the “real” opportunities and challenges of blockchain technology in the market?
- What questions should I ask to evaluate potential opportunities in blockchain and cryptocurrencies for my organization?
- How can I leverage blockchain for my business?