This three-day program, run in conjunction with PA Consulting, gives you the tools to transform your business through higher margins, increased sales, or both.
An operating model is the operational design that makes it possible to deliver the business strategy. Operational design follows strategy, but the relationship also works the other way around, which means that ideas for operating model improvements can lead to changes in business strategy. This program is about the intersection of business strategy and operational design, for an organization as a whole, a business unit or a function.
The operating model defines how the organization will deliver the capabilities and financial outcomes required by the strategy. An operating model covers six elements making up the acronym POLISM:
- Processes and activities – the work that needs to be done
- Organization and people – the people doing the work and how they are organized
- Locations, buildings and other assets – the places where the work is done and the equipment in those places needed to support the work
- Information – the software applications and databases needed to support the work
- Sourcing and partners – those outside the organization supporting the work
- Management system – the planning and performance management of the work
Each element of the operating model needs to be designed to contribute to the success of the organization, and will have an impact on both the income statement and the balance sheet. This program will introduce tools and frameworks that help participants understand, communicate and challenge the existing operating model as well as challenge the status quo and design a target operating model. The Operating Model Canvas is the core framework.
Participants on the last two programs rated the value to them as individuals, as 9.1 and 9.4 out of a possible 10. The net promotor scores were 78% and 91%.