An immersive three-day executive programme run by Warwick Business School and the Behavioural Insights Team, introducing key principles from behavioural science and how to apply them to real world problems
Addressing most issues in society, from daily challenges to complex problems, requires an understanding of how and why people behave the way they do in relation to themselves and others.
Behavioural science has revolutionised how we approach these problems by challenging traditional models of behaviour and providing a more realistic understanding of what drives our decisions.
Governments, businesses and charities across the world are now using insights and methods from behavioural science to transform the way they work.
You will learn about key principles and current thinking in behavioural science, and how to apply them to research, design and test ideas. The course emphasises practical application, so that what you learn is directly transferable back into your workplace.
- Uncover the drivers of choice and human decision making by exploring key findings of behavioural science and cognitive and social psychology
- Understand how, when, and why human behaviour deviates from “rational” economic models, and learn how to apply that to different business sectors
- Learn how behavioural science has been applied in practice by public and private sector organisations
- With reference to your own sector, design a behavioural science intervention that can tackle a live problem
- Improve your solutions based on feedback and guidance from world-leading experts, producing a revised and improved intervention.
Who’s it for?
This programme is for anyone who wants to learn and apply behavioural science to their work and improve outcomes for others, for example:
- Civil servants involved in the formulation of local and national policies
- Consultants helping customers to improve efficiency
- Managers responsible for addressing challenges in their organisation
- Designers and developers creating new products and ventures.