Columbia’s flagship Executive MBA program — EMBA-NY — is designed to accommodate the needs of high-achieving executives.
We offer two distinct schedule options: Friday/Saturday and Saturday. Both options are identical to the Full-Time MBA Program in every way except the schedule.
The Saturday Option - May 2019
Perhaps your career is accelerating rapidly or you work in a fast-changing industry where time away can result in missed opportunities. The Saturday option may be the solution. You get the same curriculum, instruction, and networking exposure as the School’s other MBA paths — without taking time away from the workplace. Here’s an overview:
- Meets weekly on Saturdays, except holidays and breaks.
- Length of program: Six terms over 24 months, beginning in May.
- Employer sponsorship — either through time off or financial support — is welcomed, though not required.
- Features the same collaborative, supportive cluster system as other EMBA programs.
- After completing the core curriculum, choose electives from our Saturday menu and from a wide range of offerings. These include biweekly classes, intensive weeklong courses, international seminars, full-time MBA courses, and courses throughout Columbia University’s other graduate programs.
- You’ll benefit from full access to the Career Management Center.
The Friday/Saturday Option - August 2019
- Meets biweekly on Friday and Saturdays, except holidays and breaks.
- Length of program: Five terms over 20 months, beginning in August.
- Students are grouped into clusters and learning teams, providing a supportive community that engages academic learning with a real-world business dynamic.
- Employer sponsorship of time is required; financial sponsorship is welcomed, though not required.
- The Career Management Center assigns a team to focus exclusively on EMBA students. The team provides access to live and online seminars, one-on-one coaching, and job listings specific to experienced-level executives.
- Following the core curriculum, you’ll select from a wide range of electives. These including biweekly classes, intensive weeklong courses, and international seminars held around the world. You will also have access to full-time MBA courses and courses at Columbia’s other top graduate schools.