Conflict is a fact of life in organizations and in business – and in our current world of rapid technological, market and social change instances of conflict are on the rise.
Rather than just seeking to forestall conflict business leaders also need to learn how to manage it when it happens and in certain circumstances to turn it to their advantage.
How to deal with and manage conflict effectively is the subject for discussion in this latest IEDP webinar, and you will learn:
- How conflict is ‘hardwired’ into organizational life and change increases the likelihood of conflict
- How conflict can be good, but too often it creates destructive consequences that can be avoided
- The three different kinds of trust leaders must build to manage conflict effectively
- Strategies for managing conflict—Advice for managers and for peers/co-workers
- Managing conflict—How teams can have ‘good’ fights
About the speaker: Robert J. Bies, Professor of Management, Founder of the Executive Master’s in Leadership Program, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University
Watch the webinar now...Slides from the Webinar can be found here.