Directors often complain that they spend too much time evaluating the past and too little time planning for the future. In light of its central role in shaping the human capital of the organization, the HR committee of the board has emerged over the past several years as a key forum for directors to impact future organizational growth and success. The HR committee is central to future success due to its oversight role regarding CEO selection, evaluation and succession, CEO and senior executive compensation, and talent management and succession planning for the organization overall.
Rotman’s Board HR Committee Program is designed to provide participants with an understanding of current best practices regarding:
- The role of the HR Committee and the appropriate mandate for an effective HR Committee
- Effective HR Committee oversight of CEO succession, selection, and evaluation
- HR Committee oversight of CEO and senior executive compensation
- The establishment and support of effective talent management and succession planning processes throughout the organization
- Effective interaction and mutual support between the HR Committee and the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) and the HR function more generally