This highly experiential course explores neuroscience concepts and techniques to help leaders motivate and inspire their peers and employees in ways that catalyze innovation and increase business success.
This program will take a deep dive into neuroscience concepts and techniques to help you—brain and body—through a method of unleashing potential in yourself and others.
Through a balance of theory and application, neuroscientist and MIT Sloan Senior Lecturer Dr. Tara Swart will examine the latest neuroscience research and how it can inform your personal and professional practices. Program topic areas include:
- How to boost, refuel, and re-direct your cognitive resources
- Embodied leadership and somatic practices (MIT’s “thin slices” research)
- Creative and intuitive ideas for revolutionizing collaboration
- Neural pathways that underlie procrastination, risk profile, and resilience (Swart’s Neural Tethering Model© based on research from MIT’s financial engineering department)
- The impact of gender and cultural diversity on confidence and creativity in organizations and teams
- Working with technology to empower human potential
Hands-on exercises will include enacting successful scenarios through creative, visual activities, guided meditation focused on peak performance, and optional yoga.
Note: This is not a science course; it is a leadership course based on scientific research. The program is designed for executives who are looking for new methods to inspire and motivate their colleagues.