Supercharge the success of your business by prioritizing people first. In Servant Leadership: A Path to High Performance, you'll learn how becoming accountable to those who typically account to you can deepen working relationships, strengthen employee and customer satisfaction, and re-engage the emotional drivers of success across your sphere of influence.
You'll look behind the scenes at some of the world's most successful businesses, including Best Buy, UPS, Whole Foods, Room & Board, Carlson Travel and Grameen Bank, to study their "secrets": people-centric leaders. You'll identify the habits and personal beliefs that power their daily and long-term choices. Using these principles as your guide, you'll participate in workshops to audit your organization and your own behavior during typical business situations. Speakers will share intimate stories of their servant leadership experiences, and each day you'll apply these insights to a personalized plan for improving your effectiveness as a leader. You'll also refine your natural management inclinations with individual coaching from Darden leadership, service and ethics professors, and ultimately discover how the values you demonstrate allow ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
WHERE YOU'LL EXCEL
- Learn why the servant leadership model is one of the fastest-growing forms of professional development among top-performing managers and executives.
- Examine your unchallenged assumptions about direct report management.
- Discover the difference between obedience and engagement and ingrain new habits that encourage others to achieve the highest good.
- Develop your best ideas with collaborative input and without undue attachment to their execution.
- Move beyond compensatory standards of risk and reward by cultivating an atmosphere of support and respect.
- Lead your team through stressful projects while remaining thoughtful, empathetic and inclusive.