Many organisations rely on a business model that is instilled in a different era. The age of Industry 4.0 is upon us, and forward-thinking organisations are leveraging Industry 4.0 technologies to remain competitive in a disrupted market.
The UK is currently ninth largest industrial nation in the world and engineering services already influence nearly 20% of GVA and in excess of £275billion of the UK economy, while rising globally.* Key High Value Sectors, such as Aerospace and Defence, Electronics and ICT, Built Environment, Healthcare, Transport, Energy, Chemical and Process industries are witnessing this major transformation to service-oriented business models.
The ability of organisations get future-ready to position themselves in this evolving environment, critically depends on designing and implementing an effective servitisation strategy. The shift to servitisation and the delivery of Through-Life Engineering Services (TES), is enabled by introducing Industry 4.0 technologies such as the Internet of Things, data analytics, cyber physical systems, cloud computing, semantic technologies, and augmented and virtual reality, into organisations. This results in organisations being able to unlock new value potential through new types of business models.
Services 4.0: Servitisation Strategy and Engineering Services gives you a detailed blueprint for rethinking the way you do business and navigating the Industry 4.0 landscape. Participants on the programme will get access to cutting edge research-led frameworks for adopting a servitisation strategy and creating market leading service offerings. You will also learn from cross-sector case studies, including insightful examples of Industry 4.0 capabilities delivered by world leading industrialists.
What you will learn
To join the next wave of engineering and manufacturing services organisations need to adopt an innovative approach. Whether your organisation is already shifting its business model to services or considering doing so in the future, this programme will enable you to lead the Services 4.0 business transformation process within your organisation.
Services 4.0: Servitisation Strategy and Engineering Services is delivered in two, two-day modules, with flexible one-to-one coaching on how to design and apply a servitisation strategy benefiting from Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Create innovative and potentially disruptive service-led through-life strategies.
- Maximise the benefits of shifting to, or optimising, your existing service strategy.
- Outline an implementation plan or appraise an existing strategy.
- Reduce whole life cost of high-value products.
Develop personal leadership skills vital for leading change and your strategy.
The programme design allows you to learn and apply the latest servitisation and TES thinking to build your organisation’s customer-centric approach to delivering value. It’s an opportunity for you to step outside your business in order to put new insight and fresh impetus back in. Supported by a strong academic team and industry peers such as Paul Rodrick (Siemens) and Richard Glover (Xerox).
Module one: Service Strategy and Service Design
Day one: Service Context and Strategy
- Service context, leadership and organisational change
- Service context ecosystems and strategy
- Breakthrough innovation in services
- Capabilities leadership
Day two: Service Design and Transition to Services 4.0
- Transition to services
- Industry 4.0 for Service Innovation
- Services and Engineering for Life
- Service design and stakeholder engagement
Coaching is an integral part of the programme and acts as a bridge between the two core subject modules. It is designed to support you in devising your own service strategy and delivery, with the support of our world-leading academics and industry peers.
Module two: Masterclass in Service Planning and Delivery
Day one: Service lifecycle – planning, delivery and support
- Service planning
- Uncertainty and risk management in agile and digital services
- Digital transformation
- Industry 4.0 technologies and data-driven services
Day two: Service 4.0 Lifecycle and Performance Management
- Services 4.0 lifecycle management
- Performance and quality management
- In – service governance and global service delivery
- Call centres, warranty management and service logistics
- Learn and apply the latest thinking in TES strategy and Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Understand how your organisation can exploit the opportunity to think more in terms of service and holistic solutions.
- Learn tools and techniques for developing effective, service-led strategies, incorporating Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Translate service-led strategies into implementation action plans, including the challenge of cultural change.
- Develop new skills for managing key organisational and business processes for service-oriented models, including processes for customer engagement and supply chain management.