Two of the more prolific myths associated with innovation in organizations are that you must “think outside the box,” and that creativity is something you are born with (or not). This course will debunk these myths, by teaching you to innovate "INSIDE the box", leveraging your knowledge, resources, and expertise in proven step-by-step processes to quickly and effectively generate and implement truly creative ideas.
Through the materials and hands-on exercises, you will discover where creative ideas really come from and how to rapidly and repeatedly generate them on your own – for your own topics – using a set of thinking tools and principles.
Specifically, you will learn:
- The differences between traditional ideas and creative ideas
- Barriers to innovative thinking, how to identify them and overcome them
- How constraints, conceptualization, and visualization can help you see more opportunities around you
- Function Follows Form – a complementary approach to innovation that supplements your existing “Voice of the Customer (VOC)” and technology research & development efforts
- Tools and principles for systematic inventive thinking, in order to structure the creative thinking process
- How to cultivate creativity at every level of the organization through fixed and growth mindsets, diverse teams, using rewards and the need for autonomy