Insper is a non-profit school of business and economics located in São Paulo with the primary mission of generating and disseminating knowledge in these fields. The Institution is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA), and is a full member of the International University Consortium for Executive Education (UNICON), holding a seat on its Board of Directors.
The School’s internationalization process is one of its strategic pillars and has intensified over the last decade. Today, the School maintains approximately 30 partnerships and collaboration agreements with international business schools and universities that span four continents. These agreements allow the School to offer exchange programs to students and faculty (for both research and teaching) as well as double-degree programs.
Insper’s Campus in São Paulo
In January 2006, Insper moved all its activities to its brand-new state-of-the-art campus located in the modern business district of Vila Olimpia. Due to the fast-growing demand for its programs (Undergraduate, Graduate and Executive Education), the School decided to carry out a major expansion of its campus, which will be fully operational by early 2012.
In the 2011 Financial Times Ranking of Executive Education, Insper’s infrastructure figured among the top 10 in the world. The campus enjoys a privileged location due to its proximity to commercial and financial centers, including the head offices of top Brazilian companies. The current campus is receiving a ten-story tower on an adjacent lot that will add 8,000 square meters to the current area of 10,000 square meters.
The teaching approach used by Insper's Executive Education programs is supported by the most effective teaching tools and methods to make the content more relevant and better aligned with the expectations and objectives of the company. Independent of the teaching instruments used in each specific program, Insper's faculty is also trained in the participant-centered learning method, as explained below.
Qualifications of the Faculty
All professors who lecture for the Executive Education programs hold both academic and real-world experience in the market, which enables them to constantly align, in the classroom, theory with real-world experience.
Insper maintains a continuous effort to develop and update the competencies of its faculty through coaching and monitoring, assessments and feedback, as well as courses, a highlight of which is the Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning (CPCL) offered by Harvard Business School.
Accreditations and Memberships
International Partnerships and Collaborations
- AACSB - Insper is one of just two Brazilian institutions certified by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, or AACSB International, which is the world's leading accrediting association for business schools. In addition to meeting the educational quality and research requirements, some of the institution's activities were recognized as “best practices”, including its organizational model supported by a matrix management structure and a learning process coordinated by the Center for the Advancement of Teaching & Learning.
- AMBA - The Association of MBAs is a British accrediting association for MBA programs. Created in 1967, its accreditation standards are universal for all certified MBAs. The Executive MBA programs offered by Insper received accreditation and now are included among the 167 programs in 72 different countries. In Brazil, only five institutions have received this certification, with Insper one of them.
- ANAMBA - The National MBA Association was created five years ago and has the mission of “encouraging excellence in Brazil's MBA programs”. Its quality standards are based on internationally recognized criteria adapted to the Brazilian context. ANAMBA has accredited only seven schools associated in Brazil, with Insper figuring among these. Insper is also one of the founding member schools of ANAMBA.
- CFA - Founded in 1947 as the Federation of Financial Analysts (FAF), the CFA provides a diverse body of members with the opportunity to discuss current and relevant themes in the world of finance and investment, always offering knowledge based on new perspectives and serving as an important networking vehicle both locally and globally for its members.
- UNICON - Founded in 1972, The International University Consortium for Executive Education is an association of executive education programs. Prof. Luca Borroni-Biancastelli, who is Executive Education Academic Dean at Insper, is currently a member of the management for the 2010-11 term. In Brazil, there are only three member institutions, which include Insper.
- The Executive MBA Council - The Executive MBA Council encourages MBA programs around the world to pursue the highest standards of quality in management, business and leadership. It also works to advance executive education around the world. In Brazil, there are only seven members, with Insper one of them.
- Financial Times Executive Education Ranking - The continuous effort that Insper has made to create academic programs that meet the needs of local and international companies has been rewarded. In the 2010 edition of the Financial Times ranking of Executive Education - Custom Programs, Insper figured among the top 25 programs in the world. In the ranking of Executive Education - Open Enrollment programs, in which Insper participated for the second straight year, the Institution placed 30th worldwide, gaining 12 positions in just one year.
- EFMD - The European Foundation for Management Development is present in 82 countries and promotes discussion forums, research and networking on the practice and development of management. It has over 35 years of experience coordinating projects and activities that promote dialogue among educational organizations and institutions. In Brazil, there are only six members in the education segment, with Insper figuring among them.
The strategic orientation geared towards internationalization that Insper has adopted over the last decade promotes strong relationships with international schools and faculties, which allows for designing and offering programs in a variety of formats and durations with international partners that meet the needs of our partner organizations. Insper maintains an intense exchange program for both faculty and students, which supports the development of important academic work, and designs Executive Education programs in partnership with the following schools:
* Darden School of Business – University of Virginia
* IAE Business School – Universidad Austral, Buenos Aires
* IPADE - Universidad Panamericana, Mexico
* Tulane University
* Arizona State University
* University of Chicago
* Duke CE
* University of Illinois
* Washington University in St. Louis
* Rice University
* Queens School of Business, Canada
* IE Business School
* Universidade Nova de Lisboa
* Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
* University of St. Gallen
* London School of Economics
* Université Paris IX Dauphine
* Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
* Universidade Católica Portuguesa
* Tel Aviv University
* Singapore Management University
* HKUST – Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
* University of South Wales, Australia