For any organisation, successful strategy relies on clear leadership choices based on a deep understanding of strategic context and
company ambition. As the global economy faces unprecedented levels of uncertainty, the value of effective strategic thinking and action
has never been higher.
Strategic Thinking and Action is designed for managers who are transitioning into roles with strategic responsibility. A deeply immersive journey, the program explores the complete strategy process, from analysing the business environment and setting strategic goals, to determining your business’ competitive advantage and developing a winning business model.
This program takes the Strategic Awareness and Business Acumen program to deeper level and provides you with an understanding of the practical steps required to align your organisation with planned strategic outcomes.
You will be equipped with the tools you need to formulate, communicate and execute strategy that drives sustained competitive advantage for your organisation.
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for:
- Senior managers with executive ambitions seeking to improve strategic effectiveness
- Middle managers looking to develop comprehensive strategic awareness
We welcome local and international participants from all sectors.
By the end of your program journey, you will be able to:
- Develop cutting-edge strategies based on the latest thinking, research and methodologies in the field.
- Communicate strategy effectively to key stakeholders, manage interests and maintain essential support for implementing strategic vision.
- Build and maintain competitive advantage for your organisation and its ecosystem.
- Gain an integrated perspective of your organisation’s business systems, operational areas and processes.
- Align people, culture and structure as the critical foundation in achieving strategic objectives.
- Formulate specific goals linked to enabling strategies and practical action plans.
Our programs are centred on practical, applied learning. Each element is carefully designed to integrate seamlessly into a
cohesive journey that embeds learning and enables lasting change. Your program experience is supported throughout by Thread, our MBS-Mt Eliza online learning platform, and class sizes that preserve an effective, interactive environment.
On this program:
- Interactive workshops delivered by our strategy specialists are grounded in academic research to increase your awareness and effectiveness.
- Simulations crystallise key challenges faced by senior leaders on a daily basis, offering practical insights into behaviour, decision-making and strategic goals.
- Case studies provide practical, real-world examples that translate strategic theory into applicable skills.
- Syndicate sessions provide an opportunity to workshop your real-life workplace issues with a diverse group of senior leaders to discuss problems, unpack challenges and develop solutions.
- Peer learning groups facilitate knowledge sharing, collaboration and peer feedback to ensure you have a powerful and personal experience that drives results.
- Reflection allows you to take time out, identify issues and reflect on your learnings in a broader context to establish the way forward.