Why study Executing Strategy for Results at London Business School?
Executing strategy effectively is important, but is increasingly difficult in a business environment characterised by turbulence, non standardised or routine work, and non hierarchical organisational structures.
Executing Strategy for Results is a hands on programme, which provides managers with practical frameworks for successfully executing strategy in today's ever changing world.
Over five intensive days, you will learn the latest tools and knowledge to effectively execute strategy against a backdrop of market changeability. You will gain the ability to:
- transform your strategy into action
- inspire your team to execute strategy effectively
- build an organisation-wide structure for implementing strategy
- overcome the strategic challenges that arise in today's turbulent business climate
Multimedia presentations enliven internal discussions, while guest speakers bring a refreshing outside perspective to the classroom. Also, you'll have the opportunity to apply what you've learned to your own organisation. To facilitate this, you'll receive a set of tools that allow you to create a plan of action for when you return to work.
How you'll benefit
The programme makes you an effective team leader by enhancing your ability to drive strategy execution across your team or organisation. In addition, your awareness of the potential pitfalls and opportunities of today's business climate will be transformed. Executing Strategy for Results will:
- improve your ability to drive strategy execution
- provide you with an execution plan for your specific strategic challenge
- provide you with a new set of tools to use in volatile situations
- allow you to use commitments as a powerful tool to get things done in large, complex organisations
- equip you with the skills required to lead in today's uncertain business world.
On Executing Strategy for Results, you'll focus on these key areas:
- closing the gap between strategy and execution
- creating value in volatile markets
- transforming from a "can't do" to "can do" culture
- effective leadership in unsettled times
- recognising and avoiding the inertia that impedes strategy execution.
The programme is underpinned by cutting-edge research. It demonstrates how strategy execution can be managed across multiple levels within an organisation, including:
1) The individual: Traits and skills a leader needs to drive execution across their organisation
2) The team: How to lead and inspire a team to effectively execute strategy
3) The organisation: How to build the right structure and incentives to promote strategy execution and develop a culture of commitment based management across the organisation
Dr. Donald Sull is a Professor of Management Practice and Faculty Director of Executive Education at London Business School. The Economist identified his theory of active inertia as an idea that shaped business management over the past century, and Fortune listed him among the ten new management gurus. He has published over one hundred articles, cases, and books, including several best-selling Harvard Business Review articles, and five award-winning books. Sull has three degrees from Harvard, where he taught entrepreneurship. He worked as a consultant with McKinsey & Company, and a management-investor with the leveraged buyout firm Clayton & Dubilier. He is an active investor in several start-ups and works with large companies including Oracle, Nokia, Royal Bank of Canada, Standard Chartered, Emirates Airline, Baker & McKenzie, Burberry, and Pimco.